Found Title

This week I took the “found” theme to inspire my materials first rather than my content. I used “found” materials around my apartment–magazines, a trader joe’s bag, and ribbon to create a three part pamphlet book. I intended to create the book and then add “found” text afterward, but I realized that I didn’t really need to.

By creating signatures of 16 random pages, the book actually created really need spreads of juxtaposed images. The result was interesting and surprising: A girl with a coat on top and bare legs on the bottom that lines up almost perfectly as if I’d taken much time to layout each page.

I ended up adding a handful of images and text blocks from magazines throughout the book, but mostly I let the book create itself. I’m excited to show the class some of the interesting things that happened by chance, and I’d like to experiment a bit more with the “materials creating the content” process I’ve used here.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: