found

I wanted to do something that revealed something at the end of the book to stay with the theme of found. First, I bound the book down the spine by sewing it. I then cut a hole in the pages, starting with a small hole and progressively getting bigger holes. I hoped this would give the pages an interesting effect when flipping through them quickly. Then I made a sleeve in the final page using red, glossy, see-through paper. Inside the red paper I wanted a note that said ‘found’. However, i thought just a plain piece of paper reading found was too boring. I decided to make a small fold out book that was connected to the main book by a thread that could be used to pull the note out. My biggest issue i came across was that the amount of paper i used caused the book to stay open. I put the book under a bunch of old text books i had, hoping that would flatten it.  

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: