My Turkish Fold Ate My Snake Book!

I completely forgot about this week’s theme while I was making my books.  So it’s just dumb luck that I created something that actually fits in with “Lost.” I think I’ll call it “Little Lost Pigeon.” I ended up making two books–a Turkish fold and a small snake book that fits inside it.

The Turkish fold was actually easier to make than I thought it would be. For the inside I used some cheap cardstock I have hanging around. I know now that I probably should have used something thinner to make the folding easier, but I like the sturdiness the cardstock provides.

The snake book was a little difficult because I made it so small. The finished, closed size is one square inch. This did make the measuring easy though. I used a magazine page to make the snake book’s inside pages and a magazine cover to make the covers. Obviously, those materials were already sitting around waiting for me. All I had to do was cut them up, glue them closer together, and draw on them. Specifically, I drew bird footprints wandering around lost on the pages.

What I’m most happy about is that my measuring skills are much better than what I was exhibiting in class. This seems small, but I was a little concerned, so I was happy to see improvement. On to the next project!

1 comment
  1. meredithpurvis said:

    It was lots of fun to see your two books and how they fit together. I’m glad you took the time to play around with the forms and try out a few different things (and that your measuring skills are better than you thought–measuring is tricky!). Well done!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: